Always follow instructions of your diffuser. There are certain ways to pour the water out to not interfere with the electronics. Also, the number of drops is based on the ML capacity.
Steps to clean a diffuser:
- Gently pour out existing water.
- Add a dash of cold water, being careful of electronics.
- Place a tiny drop of detergent, or vinegar into the water.
- Using paper towel or a clean cloth (not dish cloth) and wipe around all sides and the bottom.
- Also clean the lid with the paper towel.
Cleaning your diffuser extends its longevity. It also does not confuse the properties of your specific different blends. x