Always follow your diffuser instructions as there is a specific way to pour out the water, to not interfere with the electronics. Also, the number of drops is based on the ML capacity.
Steps to clean a diffuser:
- Gently pour out existing water.
- Add a dash of cold water, being careful of electronics.
- Place a tiny drop of detergent, or vinegar into the water.
- Using paper towel or a clean cloth (not dish cloth) wipe around all sides and the base.
- Also clean the lid in same manner.
Cleaning your diffuser extends its longevity. It also does not confuse the properties of your specific different blends.